- - Information Technology
- Columbus, IN, USA
- Full Time
SIHO Insurance Services is the leading full-service benefits administrator in Indiana. Headquartered in Columbus, IN, SIHO is currently recruiting candidates for its Columbus office. SIHO offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a matching 401(k) Savings Plan. Visit our website: www.siho.org.
Job Title: Electronic Data Interchange Specialist
Location: Columbus Office
Reports To: Director of Data Integration and Development
This is an exempt position with responsibility for the design, development and maintenance of EDI transmissions, architecture for data reporting specifically, automated reporting packages, and general data systems support.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Evaluate project needs, develop requirements, and write programs in appropriate data systems environment
- Design, code, debug, and implement ideas and programs
- Analyzes, designs, and develops specifications for EDI application interfaces and maps
- Develop documentation for design requirements, coding notes, end user documents, policies and procedures
- Coordinates EDI testing and trading partner/vendors implementation initiatives
- Be committed to the integrity of system data for applications, availability, and accuracy of data loaded
- Analyze customer needs and develop user oriented solutions which interface with existing applications
- Manages expectations and points of escalation for trading partners/vendors
- Assist and/or lead the research and resolution of data related issues
- Works closely with the production data set and determines immediate versus longer term data needs based on interface requests
- Research and learn new technologies when applicable to job and duties
Minimum Skills Requirement:
- B.S. Degree or equivalent work experience in computer technology, data management or ETL development
- 8-10 years of data experience, minimum of 2 years specifically in the Health Insurance Industry
- Experience with MS SQL Data Systems and MS Access development
- Understanding of MS SQL database administration/configuration and MS server hardware
- Direct experience with development platforms such as MS Visual Studio and MS Office VBA editor
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience maintaining and enhancing applications in a MS SQL database environment
- Ability to understand data/ETL file layouts and specifications
- Knowledge and experience working with health care industry EDI standards (ANSI X12, IEEE, etc.).
- Knowledge of data security best practices for data storage, retrieval, and transmission (PGP, GPG, SFTP, etc.).
- Ability to create complex Excel reports and Access databases with information derived from ETL data
- Has past experiencing managing all production vendor data exchanges
- Experience with leading EDI specialists
- Past Managerial experience a plus
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the data field.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of the Health Care industry and Medical Coding.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills; detail oriented
- Proven organization and time management skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to both technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Ability to work at a self-directed pace in a changing, multi-task environment
- Ability to actively participate in a team environment.
- Professional appearance and presence
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Knowledge and experience with web page design and implementation a plus
- Familiar with web file transfer technology a plus
SIHO Insurance Services • Columbus, IN