- - Finance
- Columbus, IN, USA
- Full Time
SIHO is the leading full-service benefits administrator in southeastern Indiana. Headquartered in Columbus, IN, SIHO is currently recruiting candidates for its Finance Department. SIHO offers a competitive compensation program, including health and life insurance and 401(k) retirement plan. Check our website at www.siho.org
Job Title: Staff Accountant
Reports To: Controller, Assistant Controller or Accounting Manager.
This is a full-time, non-management exempt position with responsibility for reviewing and analyzes general ledger account balances, verifying accuracy and making recommendations for corrections, and supporting management with financial reporting/analysis/controls. Has primary responsibility for account reconciliations, variance analysis, departmental performance reporting, and finance policies and procedures documentation. Also provides support to the annual budget process, annual audits and special projects.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Reconcile various bank accounts and balance sheet accounts.
- Conduct billing and payment variance analysis.
- Prepare/Update finance departmental scorecards (internal reporting).
- Document/update financial operational policies and procedures.
- Participate in and recommend process improvement projects.
- Prepare fully insured monthly premium past due letters (external reporting).
- Actively participate in departmental cross-training.
- Assist senior staff and management with financial reporting and controls.
- Provide support to the annual budget process, annual audits and special ad-hoc projects.
Minimum Skills Requirement:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting with zero to three years of progressive accounting experience
- Stong Microsoft Office skill set.
- Knowledge of GAAP and auditing procedures
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to details
- Demonstrated analytical skills with ability to support and defend position
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in an independent environment, as well as in a team environment.
- Professional appearance and presence
- CPA or CMA candidate (preferred)
- General knowledge and understanding of the health care industry