Employer Service Coordinator
Department: Employer Services
Location: Columbus, IN
Pay Type: Hourly
Employment Type: Full Time
Employer Services Coordinator
This is an exempt position reporting to the Director of Employer Services. The Employer Services Coordinator is responsible for owning, analyzing and coordinating the resolution of employer and broker administrative inquiries. This position focuses on problem resolution and process improvement throughout the organization. When an Employer Service Coordinator receives an inquiry, the resolution needs to be immediate or the escalation to management process should be followed. Once the initial inquiry is resolved, research begins to identify the root cause or foundation of the failure that caused the employer/broker to inquire. It is critical that the Employer Service Coordinator continuously develops and maintains relationships with both internal and external SIHO customers. (Note: Employers referenced here are defined as any client for whom SIHO administers a benefit plan. This includes TPA, Fully Insured, Flex, HRA, Worker Compensation, Dental, Life and Short Term Disability).
- Primary day-to-day contact for the IU Health Employee Plan and Partner Product groups.
- Provide primary support for IU Health Plan clients and brokers when initial efforts to resolve an issue are not successful.
- Educate the client and brokers about online resources, plan language, and the extent of our administrative issue. Promote the use of the appropriate department in future calls.
- Identify and communicate process improvement opportunities to prevent repeat calls on the same topic.
- Communicate failures and communication opportunities to appropriate SIHO departments for prompt resolution. Follow-up to assure the proposed resolution meets client's expectations. Follow up internally to confirm solutions are in place or escalate issues to the Director of Employer Services for additional support in resolving the issue.
- Actively engage in tasks that continuously reduce repeat calls to all departments and escalated calls to Employer Services Team.
- Create and update appropriate documents (example: Highlight Sheets) that assist in improving SIHO's service to customers.
- Assist in preparation and quality management of weekly, monthly and quarterly inquiry resolution reports released to Sr. Staff and Account Management.
- Serve as liaison to all SIHO departments for research and resolution of client inquiries.
- Assist in monitoring Member Services calls to identify process and scripting improvement opportunities with the ability to produce a written corrective action plan to appropriate department leader. Follow up to the corrective action plan is required to ensure proper implementation.
- Assist with new account implementations, client orientations, open enrollment sessions and quarterly reviews, as needed.
- Assist in the development of and the implementation of internal controls and procedures.
- Must be able to travel to other locations and at times may require an overnight stay.
Minimum Skills Requirement:
- Possess a passion for customer service
- Two year's experience in sales, marketing or customer service related environment.
- Good knowledge of the managed health care industry, with three or more years of experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex benefits problems
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Excel and Word. (Experience with Access helpful)
- Ability to work at a self-directed pace in a changing, multi-task environment
- Professional appearance and presence
- Must be able to travel to other locations and at times may require an overnight stay
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
Apply Now Return to Jobs Page